Saturday 27th August – Full Day 10:30am – 4:00pm
Tutor – Karen Thomson
Learning to knit is a lot of fun, and it’s not as difficult as you might think. This day course for beginners will give you the basics and has everything you need to get started, whether you’ve never picked up needles before or just need a refresher in the company of and with the support of like-minded people.
You will learn about:
- different weights of yarns
- the importance of tension
- how to cast on and off
- learn our first stitch; the knit stitch to produce garter stitch, and our second stitch; purl stitch to produce stocking stitch
- how to finish your work off neatly
- know that in knitting it’s easy to take your work back and start again – relax
After our lunch break, you’ll have an opportunity to consolidate your learning and continue to practice what you’ve learned in the morning with on-going support. Feeling a little more confident? Then you will have support to cast on your first beginner’s project.
A set of needles will be included to get you started and you will get advice on yarn requirements, we’ll be starting out with bulky yarn!
Suitable for complete beginners.